A Silver Screen Murder Mystery

A Mystery Novel by Susan Schoeffield

REVIEWS

A delightful murder mystery, thinly-veiled version of the Marilyn Monroe "suicide." When playwright Peter Gregory is asked by Hollywood producer Zachary Max to investigate the death of screen legend Jennifer Deane, he accepts with a certain amount of skepticism. The money is good and Max offers access to many Hollywood icons that fascinate Peter. However, the primary reason is Peter's total adoration of Jennifer Deane. As he becomes embroiled in his detective work, he finds assistance from several unexpected sources--one other worldly. I thoroughly enjoyed "Tarnished Idols." It was a totally different type of murder mystery and the sly references to actual past movie stars made it all the more delicious.
http://www.cozycatpress.com/

A REFRESHING READ. As an elder statesman among us, I do not spend a lot of time reading books anymore. I should qualify that...I mean by mostly new authors. I like biographies of people I admire. I like historical fiction. But once in a while, I enjoy a good murder mystery, especially if it is not what I call "Stephen King Weird". I have always been a fan of Old Time Hollywood Stars (like Doris Day, Marilyn Monroe, Rock Hudson, Clark Gable, etc). So...I was wonderfully surprised to find a new book by a great new author who put it all together. A good story, a good murder mystery, good characters (instantly recognizable as prototypes of the ones I always liked from Old Time Hollywood. But...and this is a big but...this is a refreshing read. It is not a predictable ending. And there is a big twist in the plot. Susan Schoeffield has it all together...I am looking forward to her next book. Bring it on, Susan.
mike@frednetradio.com